Litigation vs. Mediation - That's the question
Many co-parents agree that litigation means:
- They don't have to see their ex
- They can make their ex pay for all the bad years in a marriage (and the time through the divorce)
- The judge will see just how awful their ex is and how wonderful of a parent they are
- It will finalize everything so they never have to go through it again
The truth of the matter is that you do have to see your ex, in court. You are paying just as much as your ex (read more in this post for the cost of divorce), the judge can go anyway he/she wants, and despite everyone's best efforts, it's not going to be 100% finalized because life happens after Parenting Plans become final.
With a Parent Coordinator like myself, however, the following occurs:
- You get to work with me individually, meaning you don't have to see your ex
- You learn Buddha's quote "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" and are guided into finally moving on with your life instead of staying stuck on the same page
- The judge will see 2 people who are able to work together and praise both of you
- Though the Parenting Plan will be finalized, you'll also learn the skills to negotiate positively and communicate about changes that need to be made as life happens
OK, you're convinced! You know that a Parent Coordinator is right for you and your ex. You are ready to finally move on past this nasty divorce and just get this done, while also saving some money, right?
I know what you're thinking....
How on earth do you expect me to get my ex to agree to work with a Parent Coordinator? My ex does the exact opposite of everything I ask him/her just because it's what I asked!
Here's the good news.....
I've developed several scripts that you can use with your ex to ask him/her to work with a Parent Coordinator. These scripts have been compiled into a mini-book available for download for free. Just sign up here for your copy of this mini-book, and then go ahead and book your free discovery session with me. (Your ex's discovery session is also free.)
*I promise to keep your information safe. I hate spam as much as you do.